Saturday, August 30, 2014

It's been so long....

I'm on my fourth go round with the long story.  I'm using Word for this revision, as yWriter seems be more cumbersome for editing. Most of the major changes are done, as far as I can tell so far so there isn't moving around of stuff.  That is why I liked yWriter, it allowed easy access to the parts.  

I'm using this link and this one too to help guide me.  I'm sure there are several others that I can't find right now.

Still waiting on word about two story submissions.  That'd be nice, you know.

I'm of the opinion that writing the first draft is the most fun, and then righting all the others is the work.  Heh, see what I did there?

Ahem.

I'm hoping to get at least three more chapters done this weekend, then I won't feel so bad when I don't get any done after work because I'm so bone weary that I can't manage any.  It is what it is.

I will end on a quote I found today, that is just yummy in so many ways:

Writers don’t write from experience, although many are hesitant to admit that they don’t. …If you wrote from experience, you’d get maybe one book, maybe three poems. Writers write from empathy.
— 
Nikki Giovanni





And as I said elsewhere, that is why it is hard to kill your darlings.



No comments:

Post a Comment