Thursday, November 15, 2007

We write and we eat

Today at writer's group we decided that in addition to writing, and critiquing we would keep track of what we eat, so I offered this blog space to do so. I hosted today and had tapenade, crackers, an assortment of cheeses, torn fresh bread and this dip.

Hot artichoke dip
1 14 oz tin artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, or more to taste, or teaspoon of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

(Optional: Green onion/scallions are also good in this. Finely chop 1/2 cup and add)

Mix all ingredients and put it in a shallow oven proof dish. Small pie dish works well. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes until bubbly.

Serve with crackers, or veggies to dip.
--
I served this with my fake Mai Tai recipe (Limeade and spiced rum). The lime cut the smooth of all that cheese! Cheese makes me very happy. It always has!

I have tons of commentary, which is oh so welcomed. I can't wait to start reviewing and revising!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:16 AM

    Hot artichoke dip and fake Mai Tai sounds great. I'm going to make myself some. Thanks.
    DavidM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. This dip is very addicting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete