Saturday, November 10, 2007

late notifications, crashes, and pants

Good morning. You know the housing market and companies are having a bad time when you receive this in an email:

We are experiencing a delay in the production of your Mortgage Account Statement. We estimate you will receive your statement within 15 days after the posting of your last payment.


They can't even get the mail out. Jeez. I wonder if I sent my payment like that, it would be a problem.

I sent my short story to writer's group yesterday. I hadn't read it in a week or so, and I am still happy with it. I think the ending might short shrift the characters some, but when you feel other stories popping out of your story, it doesn't feel wrong to do that. Although if it is supposed to be stand alone, then yes, it is.

I opened a poem file, but it crashed my computer, so I took that as a sign, to just let it be a little longer. Word is acting funny. Heh.

Have a great day. I haven't a clue what is on the agenda today, except maybe pant shopping for the kids. They keep growing ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Actually, after doing a little research (I got the same e-mail), I think maybe the delay is due to a staph outbreak and closing at one of their corporate offices. In the future I think I'll just get my statements online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if 15 days and then into the mail is enough to kill staph. Online statements are looking more and more attractive. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete