Saturday, November 17, 2007

Into the black

I am contemplating doing early morning Black Friday shopping. I have only done it once before and considered it a compete waste of my time. The savings wasn't great enough to get out of bed that early. But some of the things that are rumoured to be on sale this year make me consider it. Desktop computers for $199. Perhaps for my daughter, I don't know. Anyway, I will wait and see, and then see how tired I am after Thanksgiving. I betcha I won't.

I bought Bill Bryson's book, Shakespeare: The World as Stage. So far, just in one chapter, very typical of him, readable, and quite enjoyable. I am not sure how much new there will be, but what the hey. I didn't know about the Nebraska scholar who went to England back in the day, and discovered yet unknown facts about the Bard. That is kind of neat. Yay us! But then he went mad, made a fortune and died rich but unhappy. He should have stuck with the Shakespeare scholarship. Oh well.

Have a great day. I am going to consider Christmas, and how that shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment