Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Impotent cranberries

Well that was disappointing. Half the joy of making cranberry sauce is listening for the pop when the cranberries explode into sauciness. They didn't. More like one or two little sighs. I want a pan full of popping cranberries!!

I noticed this year that the cranberries were smaller, not nearly as plump as previous years, but I didn't think it would be an issue. But just now, while cooking them with apple cider (trying something new), no poppage.

The pumpkin has cooked nicely, and is cooling. I will whiz it in the food processor shortly, and leave it to drain. I have found that drained pumpkin makes much smoother pies than those I haven't drained. I do fear that there mightn't be enough for one whole pie, so I might have to get some from last year's stock still in the freezer.

[I think Impotent Cranberries would be a great name for a band.]

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment