Sunday, August 26, 2007

Reginald Shepherd's Blog: "Working Class Hero"*

Reginald Shepherd's Blog: "Working Class Hero"*

Linked over at the PFFA but needs as wide a distribution as it can get. I will do my little part.

Oh my goodness. What beauty and sadness. And the phrase "people who as kids knew lots of words we couldn’t pronounce correctly, because we’d only read them in books." blew my mind, because, well let us just say it is very resonant.

I have read his blog before. Why I love blogging, because we can share the good stuff.

I wanted to Blog Against Racism a few weeks ago, but felt I didn't have much to say, so spreading this will be my offering. Go. Read.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that link. Useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. He is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At 39, I *still* have pronunciation problems/anxiety ... I learned so many words before I'd ever heard them ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I bet it becomes harder as we get older, incorporating new words into our vocabularies, not unlike how learning a language is more difficult when you are older.

    ReplyDelete