Monday, July 02, 2007

The contractile membranes of writing

This morning while I was waiting for the oil in my car to be changed, tires rotated, fun stuff like that, I outlined almost all of the rest of the story. Really rough, but farther than I have so far. The different threads tie together fairly well. I am mostly happy with it. And yesterday's concerns about Rev. Tithe have been mostly alleviated. He will indeed be useful! The two sisters may or may not be twins, I have yet to decide. They will be the undoing of the crazy postal worker. Since he is their neighbour and they have to endure his goings on in his garage, I am going to let them bring him down. Heh! As to the main female lead, Iris, I think I am going to make radical changes to her look. I have been somewhat unhappy with her look for a while, so I think I am going to give her a redo. It won't involve much rewriting, but I think it will be more realistic. She will still be rough hewn, but with a few edges that aren't gaping and raw dressed in blonde. More tough, less bimbo! She was bordering those fluffy skirt edges, and despite my joking about her middle name being Sue, I don't want to go there ;-)

So happy day, minus the house egging! I will have to update the outline, tightening it up, and then I may make a list of scenes. Some say that is useful to do. I will give it a try. If nothing else, it will keep me from wondering to widely.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment