Sunday, June 24, 2007

No dust here, well maybe a few bunnies

Wrote a few paragraphs just now. You know what constantly amazes me, is getting to know a character. At first they seem just small, and useful, but then they do really come alive. My character Abby, started out as a background character, but she is blooming. Her intentions and ambitions, fears and joys are emerging. Just fascinating. And she likes miniatures. God is in the details, or something!

This process is constantly impressing me with its fruitfulness. Who knew?! Plus my amusement factor in grabbing real life locations, that are perfect in their usefulness! I am hoping there may be more today, but if not, that is fine too!
Vicky

2 comments:

  1. It must be like the first flush of romance ... getting to know the other person, loving all their quirks, all the "omigod, I love lima beans TOO!"

    What a gift you have, to create a reality out of imagination ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is like that, except for the part where you have to inflict bad things on them. I haven't yet decided Abby's fate. Some characters are fun to twist and turn, but others it becomes difficult for that first flush. I think it will be fun to twist Abby, like her husband did (oooh a spoiler) LOL

    Thank you!! Very much!
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete