Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thin ice

2400 words yesterday. 200 dozen. I am picturing crates of eggs now. And just as delicate. I don't track words but there you go. Yes I know for someone who doesn't track such things, she comments on it alot. Back story mostly. Their worlds have exploded behind these characters. Setting up. What I did notice, was that it was more outline-y than I would like. I will have to go back and show. But it does get the story out there and that is always of the good. Lather, rinse, repeat. /Buffy reference.

I don't know how much writing I will get done today. I will carry around my notebook just in case. Skating may happen.

What I do need to do is write down words when they occur to me, so they don't get lost to the ether. Not one for the ether farming, remembering. I can't remember if I have always been like this, I suspect yes, but that is what paper is for. Disembowel (last night's word) and ablutional (this morning's) two most recent. Excellent words. I like when words feel as they exit the mouth, particularly the wh sounds. Always have. Especially when I know where they will work. Good writing saves words. Funny that.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment