Thursday, November 30, 2006

Under the brown fog of a winter dawn

I guess today is the last day of NaBloPoMo. Considering I post around frequently, this wasn't difficult. I saw one blogger who had kept a list and sooooo many people had dropped out. I can't say I had great content every day, but I did post. Quantity vs. content on this challenge. Same as NaNoWriMo and NaPoWriMo (who has my heart). Of course I prefer doing better content, but I have to say I do like hearing from those blogs I read. Voices shine.

I realized this morning, to continue the tiny theme that seems to have emerged this month, that it has been 10 years since we spent a month in Edinburgh. My daughter was 1 1/2 and I just thought doing that was the craziest idea ever. If you saw us wheeling all of her stuff around the ramps in Heathrow, you might agree. When it all toppled on a tight turn, that was even funnier. When my husband's wallet got pick pocketed near Big Ben, less so. Travelling for any amount of time with small children is like preparing for battle on some distant shore. And you won't have supply lines either. Thank goodness we had already purchased the train tickets up to Edinburgh. It became a contest to see how little money we could spend, while still trying to have a sort of vacation. Castles aren't expensive, and girl toddlers like such things, princesses and all. It worked.

I should google some of the people we met there. See where they are now. Finding where you are is a good thing. The ever important mapping of journey.

Have a great day. Enjoyed this effort, hope you did too. Stay tuned to see what happens next. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment