Sunday, November 19, 2006

Shocking I say, shocking!

Ya wanna know how to shock your kids senseless? Put some makeup on. Just had a lovely thrill doing that to my children. They both agreed that they prefer me "plain". Ha!

I usually don't wear makeup, I can't be bothered to do that. Because the makeup coming off is too shocking for my system. I would prefer not to have that thrown at me every day. I think that is a danger of getting older, the shock of sudden change, rather than the gradual wearing away, plus I think the makeup just exacerbates the wrinkles and stuff anyway.

But shocking the kids was fun. I will keep makeup for that special treat. Yes, I can be a very mean mom. The dirty little secrets of good mothers, is that sometimes their kids drive them nuts, and these little passive/aggressive albeit harmless games does a heart good. I tend to think that if a mom, or dad, can't admit that, then they just might be holding on to the bad for a little too long. Which does no one any good. Being a parent shows you who you really are, brings out the very best and the very worst in any one. Hence the difficulty of the task. And the reward.

Have a great day! Go shock your kids ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment