Thursday, November 09, 2006

Gangster of Blop

Pie. Bad song lyrics. “I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree.” !!! Ya, stuff like that. All possible topics considered earlier today for this post. Heard The Joker, Steve Miller song on the radio driving home from work. What was he thinking? He isn’t Solomon. Heh. Song yes, but that is as far as I would go with that.

Book group tonight. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. Was my favorite novel for quite some time. Even now, rereading it for the who knows how manyith time, it still grabs me. Not a fan of the Card much any more, but I have to say the man can write characters and plot.

I started reading it to my son. He didn’t see Ender as a victim, he saw him as a cutthroat little kid. Interesting that. I always empathized with Ender for a variety of reasons. But my son has had a very different life experience so he is unable to make that empathetic jump. No problem, I am just glad he is able to read at that level.

Yesterday I suggested to my daughter that she sign up for NaNoWriMo because the story she is writing is already 20 pages, single-spaced. Impressive IMO. Puts me to shame would be more accurate.

Lalala. Um, Pie. ::considers:: Yum pie. /Homer moment. I may make a key lime pie later today or tomorrow. Or more aptly named, 5 Minutes To Pie pie.

Have a great day. Maybe more later as I am home from work now. Pie.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Ender's Game, though it's years since I've read it, so I've forgotten it now! Would like to read it again some time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that it is a pretty quick read. I enjoy it every time I read it and it coerces me into reading all of the Ender books. I have them all.

    ReplyDelete