Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Completely off topic, but I found some of my lost story, and poems and essays

If you have a dead hard drive you are using as a paper weight, it is possible you could retrieve some of the stuff on it by freezing it and then hooking it up like an external hard drive, as a slave as it is called. I read about this technique a few weeks ago.

I had my IT guy at work do this today, after we froze my two dead hard drives. I was able to get everything off of one, but had less success with the other. I popped the second back in the freezer and we are going to try again tomorrow with that one. I can't believe this worked, but am telling everyone. I found parts of my story, poems, essays and family photos. Today was a good day. Cross posted almost everywhere ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment