Thursday, December 29, 2005

A game for a change

The rules: The 1st player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yourself" and people who get tagged need to write a blog entry about their 5 weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.

I was tagged by Autumn Verses.

1. I read my email replies before I check my blogs. I feel compelled to do it in that specific order for some reason. Only after I have read the email do I click over to the blog to reread the same comment.

2. Saturday mornings have become my default time to write. I get into the flow almost instantly and I am extremely annoyed if interrupted. “My time” she shouts to the household. I have other days of the week off while the kids are in school, I have other time, but this time appears to be “the time”. Now I just need to be able to harness it consistently...like herding ferrets.

3. Despite my height, I do not feel tall. Never really have. And it was only after having children that I realize that I am a tall person. Still don’t feel it, but at least I know it now. I get this would be opposite to a habit. I don’t have a habit of feeling my height.

4. While writing this story of mine, yet to be called a novel, because I am resistant to that too, I have covered sheets of paper with notes collected in a binder, and a white board too. It is a magnetic white board (are they all?) so I have collected articles, and other bit notes to hang on this. It is covered with short ideas I jot as they occur to me. As I use the notes, they get stacked so they don’t interrupt me looking for other notes. I realized yesterday, that I need to chart this story. It is getting too big to handle with just my sad little memory.

5. I think my biggest habit is reading blogs of all sorts. I just sat here pondering this last habit. This is it. I am fascinated with seeing into people’s lives. I really cannot get enough. I have always been a people watcher, so this is just a much simpler version of that. But this way, people are putting their lives, whatever they choose, out there. This virtual world astounds me with its honesty, love, beauty, brutality and offerings. It never ceases to amaze me. It is a gift. Luckily I have found nice people so I haven’t had a harsh experience online. This habit has supplanted reading fiction in many ways. It touches me I think because it is real. Fiction usually is not, and that truth is a huge attraction for me.

I tag Gwyn (Half Life), and any four other people who read this entry. I don’t have many links on this blog, so feel free to consider yourself tagged. Let me know who you are so I can check out your post.

Thanks Autumn. Great meme!

3 comments:

  1. That was quick. You write well. Thanks for the interesting read.

    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Autumn. Thank you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so nice:):)
    Anna:)

    ReplyDelete