Friday, January 07, 2005

The Plan

I have started writing again. In the last year, I have proceeded to write several poems, a couple of fanfics, and start what I am calling my "story". I have yet to call it a novel, and probably won't. Not sure why about that yet. Expectations are everything.

What this blog is going to be, is my writing about my writing.

I would like to be a published writer one day. Maybe. So I am going to begin that effort. My story is now at about 11,000 words. That in and of itself is a miracle for me and it is still coming. The story is still happening for me. I realized the seriousness of my effort when I hit the 5000 mark. Whew. I am not a word counter, but racking up those numbers is inspiring to me. I won't be printing the story here, just telling you about the ups and downs of this effort. I also intend to maybe send some poetry for publication.

I read enough blogs and live journals to know the difficulty of this effort of publication. That is fine. One trudges ahead.

I don't know where this will take me, maybe no where but it is an effort I am willing to make. One year ago, Jan 12, I got a live journal and it changed my life, this year, I got this blog, and maybe it will too. Again expectations.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Not anonymous! It's me, dub. In fact, I have a blog tucked away somewhere, but I can't recall my password right now.

    Great to see you here...full speed ahead!

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete